by Frank van Caspel | October 12th, 2013
In 2013 the Dutch StarCraft League has shown the world that e-sports in the Netherlands is real! Operated completely by volunteers, the tournament has sprung onto the scene drawing nearly 300 participants and attracting up to 1200 concurrent viewers on stream, not to mention nearly 500 spectators at the live finals event on June 1st!
Yet this is only the beginning. In 2014 we will return with better production, better events and awesome year-round content. However, no tournament is complete without an audience. We’re still looking for someone who can help us with that: we need a Head Marketing. If you have a passion for e-sports and StarCraft in particular and have experience or training in marketing you might be the one we’re looking for!
What would you do?
- Become best friends with the press
- Approach online communities
- Initiate and execute marketing campaigns
- Lead the DSCL Promo team
The ideal candidate would:
- Live in the Netherlands and be eloquent in Dutch and English
- Have a background in marketing
- Be passionate about StarCraft 2 and know his/her way around TeamLiquid/Reddit
- Have the time necessary to get involved (about 4-6 hours a week)
- Feel good about working as a volunteer
If you’re up for it send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know why you’d make a great Head Marketing. We promise you’ll have a grand time – let’s build e-sports together!